Software engineer who loves building software that enables people to spend less time using software. Privacy and information security enthusiast. Over 15 years experience building things with computers for fun — eight of those in a professional capacity.
Senior Mobile Engineer, Breezy HR
Expanded the capabilities of a user-friendly applicant tracking system to mobile.
- Launched the Android app within first month, translating UX from the existing iOS app into a native Android experience
- Developed new functionality in Swift on the iOS app
- Worked with the founder to develop compatible backend services to support the mobile apps
Conceived and built a publishing platform for the growing segment of internet users concerned with their privacy online. Designed and developed a suite of cross-platform apps known for their simplicity and user-friendliness to help users publish from any device.
- Organically grew the platform to over 1,000 users and 1,500 published articles in the first six months
- Led product development, managing developers on the iOS app and coordinating projects that spanned multiple months
- Designed and built the telnet service, crossplatform commandline client, and web application in Go, open-sourcing much of it
- Built the back end architecture leveraging Rackspace’s cloud products
Lead Android Developer, SportsYapper
Responsible for most Android development on a previously top-ranked sports social media app.
- Helped launch the third major version of the Android app with another developer within first three months
- Pushed weekly builds to Google Play
- Led development of the app after 13 months
- Worked with the design team to develop a more "Android" experience, especially by implementing Google’s material design principles
- Helped the CEO / product manager understand UX and technical implications for desired functionality in the Android app
Web / Mobile Developer, MoGo Mobile, Inc.
Extended the functionality of augmented reality platform FreshAiR, enabling immersive educational experiences for students around the world.
- Designed and developed new features for the FreshAiR Editor web application, utilizing RequireJS and jQuery within a MVC framework on the front-end, and PHP / MySQL / MongoDB on the backend
- Added new functionality and patched bugs in Android and iOS apps
- Created initial design and structure for playfreshair.com
- Participated in weekly and daily peer code reviews for all changes made
- Learned existing code base and new technologies like Git and Objective-C quickly
- Worked on-site with founders for first seven months, and remotely for the rest of the time
Junior Developer, Tracen Technologies
- Designed and implemented web sites from scratch and added to existing projects working in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Redesigned and implemented previous website
- Created mock-ups using Adobe Photoshop and various interactive site elements in Flash
- Consulted and provided support to clients
- Maintained code and fixed bugs for existing projects written in C#
Major | B.S. in Computer Science: Software Engineering & Database
minor | Music History